How are you with taking feedback?

Big Moose

Re: How are you with taking feedback?

Post by Big Moose »

One other thing

When I started out I made a fairly heartfelt track called Ohio's Hope that people locally fucked with pretty heavy

but i didn't like how it made me feel for some reason

people would quote the lyrics to me incorrectly. or i dunno.. it just felt fake even tho it was real.

Like i put something of myself out there and then people latched onto it not understanding it but wanting more of it

I dunno im not doing a good job of putting it into words

But that combined with the fact that failed attempts at deep concept tracks are wild cringey

I just have a fear of coming off inauthentic i guess

Like im macklemore making songs about how its ok to be gay about a decade after we all got the message

I just don't want to get caught up trying to give people what they want cuz i can't stand the feeling of being insincere

but i'll give it a shot
nohbody

Post by nohbody »

sometimes I think about going back to rap because I'm a big fan of cultural appropriation

I've been on the fence for a while though

Big Moose

Post by Big Moose »

embrace your dark urges imo
J o o k

Post by J o o k »

Big Moose wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:21 am One other thing

When I started out I made a fairly heartfelt track called Ohio's Hope that people locally fucked with pretty heavy

but i didn't like how it made me feel for some reason

people would quote the lyrics to me incorrectly. or i dunno.. it just felt fake even tho it was real.

Like i put something of myself out there and then people latched onto it not understanding it but wanting more of it

I dunno im not doing a good job of putting it into words

But that combined with the fact that failed attempts at deep concept tracks are wild cringey

I just have a fear of coming off inauthentic i guess

Like im macklemore making songs about how its ok to be gay about a decade after we all got the message

I just don't want to get caught up trying to give people what they want cuz i can't stand the feeling of being insincere

but i'll give it a shot
Em made a living sharing his vulnerabilities, from coked out moms, to cheating baby mothers bro. Open up, drop something people can relate to.
hyphy

Post by hyphy »

cody wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:22 am Big Moose, I think the poiint being made here is that your music lacks personality and soul which makes it difficult to connect with as a listener. it also lacks replay value. replay value matters because you want views. views = good

we understand that you enjoy a specific style of writing, and rapping - it's battle rap music. you make music like a battle rapper. The Loe Pesci's, the Benders etc - on some KOTD battle rapper in his prime shit

you have a solid voice and flow, but your subject matter is lackadaisical, and your beat choice is comfortable. you stay in your comfort zone. show us some different flows, different rhythm, difference subject matters etc

your posts here are vulnerable and have personality - if you could somehow package that + trying some different sounding beats + try some new melodies

it would be something to look forward to

you've established you can rap. but that's all it sounds like.. if you're okay with that, that's fine too.
100%. I enjoy moose as a poster because he comes off genuine and authentic, although a bit sensitive sometimes. And I do think he has an interesting background and interesting story to tell, which he’s already shared on here. I would also look forward to a story telling track about his life.
Resilient
Site Admin

Post by Resilient »

There’s not many that can write an actual song on these boards. Like. Something with a plot, imagery, etc.

Dex. Jook. Me. Shadow. Who else ?

==========

A wise man gets more from his enemies than a fool from his friends - Baltasar Gracian
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.
But it ain't about how hard you hit.
It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
How much you can take and keep moving forward.
cody

Post by cody »

lol, Jooks posts are so well written and exciting to read. The main reason why I post here ..would be dry w/o him

His posts are like a box of chocolate, you never know what you’re gunna get

I never knew he wrote songs with plots and imagery but it makes complete sense
:mrgreen:
Big Moose

Post by Big Moose »

cody wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:22 am Big Moose, I think the poiint being made here is that your music lacks personality and soul which makes it difficult to connect with as a listener. it also lacks replay value. replay value matters because you want views. views = good

we understand that you enjoy a specific style of writing, and rapping - it's battle rap music. you make music like a battle rapper. The Loe Pesci's, the Benders etc - on some KOTD battle rapper in his prime shit

you have a solid voice and flow, but your subject matter is lackadaisical, and your beat choice is comfortable. you stay in your comfort zone. show us some different flows, different rhythm, difference subject matters etc

your posts here are vulnerable and have personality - if you could somehow package that + trying some different sounding beats + try some new melodies

it would be something to look forward to

you've established you can rap. but that's all it sounds like.. if you're okay with that, that's fine too.

Could you or anyone else, Urb, Jook, whoever

suggest a beat or two

Im trying to write but I can't find the right beat
FlawdaWater

Post by FlawdaWater »

Moose ill mentor u
Big Moose

Post by Big Moose »

give me a beat then gay boy