Who else fuck with Aldi?

Big Homey Urb

Who else fuck with Aldi?

Post by Big Homey Urb »

cody wrote:why is Aldi a secret? are ppl embarrassed to go in there?
They just don’t have as dense of a national footprint as other chains but they are growing.

A lot of ppl just don’t have one near by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Homey Urb

Re: Who else fuck with Aldi?

Post by Big Homey Urb »

Aby wrote:Do you prefer Aldi or LIDL?

Ima keep it a buck. I never even been in a lidl before. I drove past one a couple weeks ago. Are they like Aldi?

cody

Post by cody »

Big Homey Urb wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:02 pm
cody wrote:why is Aldi a secret? are ppl embarrassed to go in there?
They just don’t have as dense of a national footprint as other chains but they are growing.

A lot of ppl just don’t have one near by

i'll be in buffalo this weekend, and there are a few Aldi's in the area. for sure going to check it out this time
:mrgreen:
Big Homey Urb

Post by Big Homey Urb »

cody wrote:I think Whole Foods is the only foreign grocery store brand that has had success in Canada.

and it's crazy cuz, buying from Whole Foods is cheaper than some Canadian grocery stores

ngl I'm a grocery store snob. location and brand specific as well

every grocery store is different even if they carry the same shit
You’d love sprouts then. It’s in that same Whole Foods genre of grocery stores, but I think they offer better value.

They are building a sprouts one exit up from my house and I know I’m going to be in there every chance I get.

Aby

Post by Aby »

cody wrote:I think Whole Foods is the only foreign grocery store brand that has had success in Canada.

and it's crazy cuz, buying from Whole Foods is cheaper than some Canadian grocery stores

I’m kind of like this.. like I’ll only buy fruit from Publix or Whole Foods

Chicken & some other meet from Aldi or Lowe’s

Now I only get steaks from the local meet market butcher

Drinks, snacks, and stuff off the shelves I’ll go to Kroger or target since they are in walking distance to me

Ass shaker
cody

Post by cody »

Big Homey Urb wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:05 pm

You’d love sprouts then. It’s in that same Whole Foods genre of grocery stores, but I think they offer better value.

They are building a sprouts one exit up from my house and I know I’m going to be in there every chance I get.

Yes I've heard about Sprouts, def check one of those out sooner or later

Canadian grocery stores are great.. the merchandising is amazing. like really just clean lines, and clean aisles everywhere. like beautiful rows of products
Aby

Post by Aby »

Big Homey Urb wrote:
Aby wrote:Do you prefer Aldi or LIDL?

Ima keep it a buck. I never even been in a lidl before. I drove past one a couple weeks ago. Are they like Aldi?

Yeah see when you said Aldi and Trader Joe’s were sister stores, I honestly thought you were gonna say it was Aldi and LIDL cuz to me they are just alike

I never been in a Trader Joe’s simply because it always looks packed with people

Ass shaker
Big Homey Urb

Post by Big Homey Urb »

cody wrote:
Big Homey Urb wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:38 pm
cody wrote:we don't have Aldi in Canada but I heard it's a Nazi store
It’s German owned. It’s literally Trader Joe’s. It was two brothers that split the company in half and one is Trader Joe’s and the other is Aldi.

ahh ok, I was doing some research after you said - do they carry the same products?

i am fascinated by grocery stores
Just realized I didn’t answer this question.

There is some overlap with some of the products between the two stores, but I don’t think Aldi sells that famous cookie butter - but I could be wrong lol

Make sure to bring an American quarter so you can get a shopping cart. You get the quarter back when you’re done.

cody

Post by cody »

Big Homey Urb wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:16 pm
cody wrote:
Big Homey Urb wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:38 pm
It’s German owned. It’s literally Trader Joe’s. It was two brothers that split the company in half and one is Trader Joe’s and the other is Aldi.

ahh ok, I was doing some research after you said - do they carry the same products?

i am fascinated by grocery stores
Just realized I didn’t answer this question.

There is some overlap with some of the products between the two stores, but I don’t think Aldi sells that famous cookie butter - but I could be wrong lol

Make sure to bring an American quarter so you can get a shopping cart. You get the quarter back when you’re done.

deaddd, my cookie butter days are over - lmfaooo

but yeah, i'm going to see whats going on at Aldi this weekend. and target, trader joes etc lol

however the target and trader joes i go to in buffalo are so packed it's annoying to go there sometimes

going to eat chicken wings for sure though
Ckopdoggy

Post by Ckopdoggy »

None near here but I been to one a few times when visiting my dad. Only thing I really remember is putting the quarter in to get a shopping cart.