Jay-Z finally has the balls to say something in public in front of his peers

User avatar
Big Homey Urb
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:30 pm

Re: Jay-Z finally has the balls to say something in public in front of his peers

Post by Big Homey Urb »

Her last album was mid

I get what Jay is trying to say, but Beyoncé 40 years old and he 50 somethin - they had they run, it’s over with.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As Seen On Tv
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:00 am

Re: Jay-Z finally has the balls to say something in public in front of his peers

Post by As Seen On Tv »

Best artist of all time. No doubts.
Big Moose
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu May 25, 2023 8:39 pm

Re: Jay-Z finally has the balls to say something in public in front of his peers

Post by Big Moose »

lol its debatable whether he's the best artist in his marriage

he aint the best artist of all time wtf

yall stan jay too hard imo

he's a fine enough choice for goat rapper but he isn't head and shoulders above everybody else imo

Jay is better at rapping than Pac was for example, but i feel like if you erased one from the history of rap, the loss of Pac would be more impactful. I could argue the same for Nas, Wayne, Em and Big. But I don't think Jay is better at rapping than those 4. Equal perhaps. But not better.
J o o k
Posts: 2840
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 5:12 pm

Re: Jay-Z finally has the balls to say something in public in front of his peers

Post by J o o k »

Big Moose wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:19 pm lol its debatable whether he's the best artist in his marriage

he aint the best artist of all time wtf

yall stan jay too hard imo

he's a fine enough choice for goat rapper but he isn't head and shoulders above everybody else imo

Jay is better at rapping than Pac was for example, but i feel like if you erased one from the history of rap, the loss of Pac would be more impactful. I could argue the same for Nas, Wayne, Em and Big. But I don't think Jay is better at rapping than those 4. Equal perhaps. But not better.
When they say he’s the goat I don’t think it’s mutually correlated to the rap alone. I would compare it to when people say Ali is the goat of boxing, how can you be the goat when you let 9 nigguhs knock you out, and there are people with 0 losses? They are called goat because not only are they one of the greatest to do it, but their contributions outside of their craft, namely, how they’ve impacted culture and society.
Resilient
Site Admin
Posts: 1860
Joined: Sat May 27, 2023 3:09 am

Re: Jay-Z finally has the balls to say something in public in front of his peers

Post by Resilient »

J o o k wrote:
Big Moose wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:19 pm lol its debatable whether he's the best artist in his marriage

he aint the best artist of all time wtf

yall stan jay too hard imo

he's a fine enough choice for goat rapper but he isn't head and shoulders above everybody else imo

Jay is better at rapping than Pac was for example, but i feel like if you erased one from the history of rap, the loss of Pac would be more impactful. I could argue the same for Nas, Wayne, Em and Big. But I don't think Jay is better at rapping than those 4. Equal perhaps. But not better.
When they say he’s the goat I don’t think it’s mutually correlated to the rap alone. I would compare it to when people say Ali is the goat of boxing, how can you be the goat when you let 9 nigguhs knock you out, and there are people with 0 losses? They are called goat because not only are they one of the greatest to do it, but their contributions outside of their craft, namely, how they’ve impacted culture and society.
So, does this mean that Dex’s argument against Money May being the goat is valid because Canelo been knocked tf out many times too but he had an impact?

Or nah because there really is no one better than Mayweather at boxing and his impact was greater than that of Canelo?

Speaking of, where’s Dex at anyways?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.
But it ain't about how hard you hit.
It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
How much you can take and keep moving forward.
Big Moose
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu May 25, 2023 8:39 pm

Re: Jay-Z finally has the balls to say something in public in front of his peers

Post by Big Moose »

Thats kind of what I was alluding to with Pac. I don't think Pac is better at rapping but i value his contributions to hip hop and what it is to be a rapper slightly more than I do jay's. Where you're right about my blind spot is the impact outside of the music itself. Which i guess is kind of just repeating your point but splitting hairs. Anyway, impact and cool factor are a part of my mental equation but only so much as they exist in the music of the artist.

Fashion, business moves, trendsetting etc doesn't interest me so I guess that part of his appeal is mostly lost on me
cody
Posts: 2855
Joined: Thu May 25, 2023 5:05 pm

Re: Jay-Z finally has the balls to say something in public in front of his peers

Post by cody »

If we’re talking about world impact in and outside of music - Kanye is the GOAT.

Kanye also beat Jay-Z at the Grammys multiple times. College Dropout won best rap album over The Black Album
:mrgreen:
cody
Posts: 2855
Joined: Thu May 25, 2023 5:05 pm

Re: Jay-Z finally has the balls to say something in public in front of his peers

Post by cody »



Twista said something really dope about rappers

It’s progressive and I agree
:mrgreen:
cody
Posts: 2855
Joined: Thu May 25, 2023 5:05 pm

Re: Jay-Z finally has the balls to say something in public in front of his peers

Post by cody »

Big Homey Urb wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:54 pm Her last album was mid

I get what Jay is trying to say, but Beyoncé 40 years old and he 50 somethin - they had they run, it’s over with.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the problem is, there are no super stars anymore - it skipped a generation. so we are clinging on to the ones we have

however i believe there is a dawning of a new age in music right now. there is something brewing
:mrgreen:
User avatar
Big Homey Urb
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:30 pm

Re: Jay-Z finally has the balls to say something in public in front of his peers

Post by Big Homey Urb »

cody wrote:
Big Homey Urb wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:54 pm Her last album was mid

I get what Jay is trying to say, but Beyoncé 40 years old and he 50 somethin - they had they run, it’s over with.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the problem is, there are no super stars anymore - it skipped a generation. so we are clinging on to the ones we have

however i believe there is a dawning of a new age in music right now. there is something brewing
I agree and I think it’s because ppl like Jay and Beyoncé won’t give up their stronghold. But it’ll all come crashing down soon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply